Tuesday, December 4, 2012

And it's the end of the world!

Alternatively, of course, it might just be where the Mayans ran out of wall space.

Well, it might not be the end of the world, but it's the end of my 2012 challenge. As of this post, I'll have completed a year's worth of writing prompts on silly ways for the world to end.

I've tried several approaches, including serial silliness, piggybacking on the silliness of others, and using news stories to inspire my silliness.

For December, I decided to go with fiction to inspire my prompt that might inspire more fiction.

You may have seen reports that the new 48 fps movie format is nauseating some viewers.  

That story inspired this, my last silly, world-ending writing prompt:

All over the world, movie-goers find that, after watching one of the new format movies, they leave the theatre nauseated. The feeling doesn't go away. In fact, it gradually gets worse, until it becomes life-threatening. And it spreads, fast, even to those who haven't been to the movies.

Your hero has to mobilize forces and coordinate internationally, both to protect those not yet affected and to figure out how to stop the spread.

Happy December, everyone.

Last year's Christmas writing prompts are available here.


No comments:

Post a Comment