Sunday, January 22, 2012

Doom and Destruction

Here goes, the first scenario for the end of the world, as inspired by the popular misrepresentation of the Mayan calendar for 2012.

January's entry is courtesy of the "weird sounds heard around the world" videos on youtube. 


Some folk believe these strange sounds are courtesy of HAARP, or one of the similar programs.

Some don't.



So, here's January's silly end-of-the-world writing prompt:

A atmospheric sound test goes awry.  It creates a harmonic that sets off a series of earthquakes all around the world.  Continents are ripped apart.  Some sink, pushing oceanic levels up, and leaving only the highest altitudes habitable.  Your character must decide who will survive, and how. 


4 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME. I think the sounds are coming from space whales, but that's just me. Cool idea, though. Now - will you be writing something based on these prompts too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not. The list is getting rather long. It's much easier to come up with prompts, I find, than stories.

      Delete
  2. I am very tempted to do them for each month and then put it out as a collection of short stories next year. Just for practice, you know. Maybe if I limit them to 1000 words each...not like I already have enough on my plate or anything like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, feel free. I'd love to read them. It might help push me to keep trying to come up with goofy ideas.

      Delete