Sunday, January 8, 2012

Small Blessings


I decided, if I was going to spend time imagining ways for the world to end (albeit not serious ways, I think I've used up all my serious ideas), I should balance it out, by recording some of the small blessings in my life.  

Here's the first - sunrise.  We all get one.  One of the advantages of living in a northern clime is that it arrives at a sensible hour, at least in winter. 

For this shot, I hastily donned my coat over pyjamas, pulled on my boots, and shoved my digital camera into my pocket, so it would stay warm enough to work.  It was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I take Alby for a walk every morning and never fail to forget my camera! Your shot makes up for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sunrise. I have a treadmill that I run on in bathroom. It faces a window that overlooks a field sitting in front of Aspen mountain. I love watching the dawn illuminate the mountains and see the animals cross the field. It is good to stop and take note of these things.

    ReplyDelete